Sunday, July 20, 2008

FPGA-based DSP

Digital signal processing has the reputation of being hard to understand. Much more when you put it in a hardware language. Learning the foundations and how to convey the language of field programmable gate array-based digital signal processing is like a military man in a battlefield. I am in a notoriously chaotic place, fighting my way to safety and have no time to carefully take note of events. Further, if I flip through typical books on DSP, it seems like I need a brain well-grounded in mathematics, where analytical skills are rife before I plunge into the field. My goal here is to patiently (as much as I can) take down notes on whatever I learn to move forward in this journey.
Oh, the difficulty of understanding mathematical subtleties and knowing what they mean from a practical viewpoint.

No comments: