Wednesday, September 3, 2008

VHDL Part 35 : WARNING:Xst:1710 and WARNING:Xst:1895

I had encountered this two warnings while designing a counter.

WARNING:Xst:1710 - FF/Latch count_0 (without init value) has a
constant value of 0 in block block_name. This FF/Latch will be
trimmed during the optimization process.
WARNING:Xst:1895 - Due to other FF/Latch trimming, FF/Latch count_1
(without init value) has a constant value of 0 in block block_name.
This FF/Latch will be trimmed
during the optimization process.


I think the following is due to the fact that I'm incrementing by 4 which is "100" in binary form. The last two bits indeed will always be zero. And so to optimize this block, the device that will store them will be trimmed. I tried incrementing by 1. As expected, the warnings disappeared so I ignored them.

No comments: